Thursday, January 17, 2008

2008: A Year of Anticipation


I am finally back, after over a month off due to surgery. I was able to read several new books (once my eyes were able to focus again). Several books I read was part of a young adult series called "Vampire Kisses." I really enjoyed them. They were a light, fluff read, not like Kim Harrison, Laurell K. Hamilton, or Charlaine Harris. Basically, they were about a goth teen (the only one in a small town) who dreamed of meeting a vampire. When a boy about her age moves into the creepy mansion on the hill, she becomes intrigued. Will she get her wish at last, or is he just another goth teen like her? Currently, there are four books in the series, and the fifth book is due out this summer. There is also a graphic novel that will be out the summer also that follows the storyline.

I also read "The Wednesday Letters" by Jason F. Wright. If you are in the mood for a heart-warming tear-jerker, then this book is for you. I had to put down the book a couple of times because I was crying. All-in-all, well worth the read.

I can't wait! Kim Harrison's new book, "The Outlaw Demon Wails" will be out next month. I can't wait to see what Rachel Morgan is up to now.

No comments: